Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 during a time of unprecedented resource constraints and climate change. As an Internet of Things (IoT) agricultural technology company, we help improve our customers’ yields by offering on-farm sensors, analytics and apps as an end-to-end subscription service. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the agriculture and food industries.
We have a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology, including Bosch and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration, both internally and externally.
Our Founder and Managing Director has spent her life promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone to thrive and reach their full potential - regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association inaugural #TechDiversity Award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements. Check out our video.
As part of a young and fast-growing business, our Sales & Marketing team is working hard to simultaneously build and execute a comprehensive Go to Market strategy. The Marketing Coordinator is central to this small but mighty team, making this a brilliant opportunity for a natural marketer and people person with great organisational skills and a can-do attitude.
In this varied role, you will enjoy a diverse and exciting work day. Your key purpose will be to support and add value to a broad spectrum of tactical activities across B2B, B2C, digital and traditional marketing channels. This means being prepared to develop new skills, use new platforms and be prepared to rapidly trial and evaluate marketing ideas.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, organised, has attention to detail and cares about the customer experience. You will be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills, both written and oral, who understands that a different tone of voice is often required when talking to different audience groups. Strong copywriting skills a major plus.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a variety of tasks including:
1. Assist in the implementation of the Sales & Marketing and Product Marketing Strategies
2. Research and coordinate a variety of marketing activities, both B2B and B2C
3. Manage social media platforms, including campaigns, engagement and reporting
4. Coordinate a variety of marketing and communications tools including brochures, videos, emails, newsletters, training materials and sales enablement tools
5. Assist in the execution of Digital and Content Marketing strategies including coordinating content and online advertising, and liaising with contributors
6. Coordinate events and speaking opportunities for Managing Director, including marketing collateral and logistics
7. Coordinate website updates and maintenance
8. Work with external stakeholders including partners, resellers, agencies, graphic designers and suppliers
9. Manage digital assets and customer lists
10. Provide ad hoc support to the GM - Sales and Marketing, and Marketing Manager
11. Contribute to a cohesive, diverse and high-performing team that is genuinely inclusive and gender-balanced.
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. Experience (4-5 years) working in a similar role
2. Outstanding written and verbal communications skills - you will need to confidently communicate with a range of important stakeholders, both online and offline
3. Copywriting experience or natural ability strongly desired
4. Proven experience in digital and social media marketing, including platforms, analytics and reporting
5. Great people skills and understanding of B2B and B2C marketing tactics
6. Ability to work independently and as a member of a rapidly-growing, geographically-dispersed team
7. Proactive, highly-organised and with great attention to detail
8. Some experience with Google AdWords and Adobe Creative Suite an advantage
To be successful in this role you are likely to have a degree in Marketing or Communications.
More about you:
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an up and coming Marketer who is keen to develop their skills across many different areas – from digital marketing to traditional print campaigns. You are a natural communicator who is highly-organised and can relate to customers and stakeholders from all backgrounds. You take pride in your work and aren’t afraid to take responsibility, and to stretch yourself professionally. You are flexible, highly-organised and with an attitude that you will do whatever it takes to get the job done in a rapidly-changing environment.
More about us:
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion, which means we hire on both skills and alignment to our values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.