Job title: Software Engineer - Front End Developer
Reporting to: Applications Team Lead
Hours: Permanent Full-time
The Yield is an award winning AgTech company, based in Surry Hills. We are growing rapidly and offer an amazing cohesive culture, where you can grow, learn and contribute. We are committed to a culture of diversity, building great products and making a real difference.
Our offering is an Internet of Things (IoT) agricultural technology, to help farmers improve their yields and profitability using a range of on-farm sensors, analytics and apps as an end-to-end subscription service.
The Yield partner with some of the global giants in technology, including Bosch and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration, both internally and externally.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer Engineer who is passionate about creating solutions that solve real work problems in agriculture.
As a Front-End Developer in The Yield’s Application Delivery team, you will be involved with and take responsibility for applications that deliver our solutions to users in the aquaculture and agriculture markets. You will be focused on delivering products and solutions that are web or mobile based, working with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver high quality, usable, robust, reliable and scalable applications into production.
We need someone flexible, eager to learn and who will be focused on delivery and quality, doing it the right way not the fastest way.
The Software Engineer is responsible for:
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. A strong track record (min 3 years’ experience) in development of data driven systems.
2. Sound understanding of building enterprise quality systems which are usable, reliable, robust and scalable systems.
3. Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to take business requirements, identify technical needs and implement efficient and scalable solutions that meet the requirements.
4. Experience with contemporary software development methodologies and software development best practice such as unit testing and continuous integration.
5. Experience with and an understanding of multiple front end technologies and languages such as: Angular 2 or 4, Typescript, native or cross platform mobile development (Xamarin), C# and a willingness to learn new languages and technology.
6. Experience with HTML5 and Responsive Design.
7. Experience in deploying and administering cloud based or mobile applications.
8. Interest in IoT technology and data analytics in use in production level systems.
1. Experience with Graphing and reporting such as Component One or Tableau Reporting experience.
2. Working Knowledge of RESTful services.
3. Experience with .Net Core.
4. Experience MS SQL Server/T-SQL.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have a degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
More about you:
You are creative and a natural collaborator. You thrive on solving problems with digital technology for growers. You will have real-world experience in developing enterprise systems at scale. You thrive in an environment of rapid change and innovation. You aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. We also hope you love all things food and can relate to producers across the value chain.
More about us:
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.